Approved Academic Training is required to meet the academic/training requirements of the CCDI designation. The CCDI program is adheres to the philosophical and methodical dynamics of the Component Method of Criminal Defense Investigation. Applicants must successfully complete on of the following four training programs.
1. Completion of the CDITC Academy Program which includes the two day/16 hour Component Method Certification program, or
2. Completion of the 2 day/16 hour CDITC Uncovering Reasonable Doubt: Component Method certification training program, or
3. Completion of the Public Defender Academy program which includes the extensive Component Method curriculum, or
4. Completion of the Distance Learning which includes the extensive Component Method curriculum, and
5. Completion of an Authorized and Approved Component Method Training program consisting of a minimum of 2 days/16 hours.
PlusTwo (2) years investigative experience, (25) comprehensive criminal defense assignments, written recommendation from two (2) criminal defense attorneys, signed oath of conduct, and a Written Test.
Certification Fee: $ 175.00 plus $ 50.00 annual membership